Job no: 492806
Work type: Fixed Term
The WIN Network is the world’s largest privately owned regional television network and Australia’s largest commercial network. We reach more than eight million viewers across six states and the nation’s capital. WIN is a diverse media and entertainment group. Television is our core business. We also have business interests in radio, film and television production, telecommunications and specialist engineering.
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional News Producer to join the WIN Network based in our Wollongong office.
Reporting to the State News Director, the News Producer is responsible for the production and presentation of high quality news updates & bulletins. This position will also ensure that the Editorial fulfils all legal requirements in its news procedures, editorial guidelines and operations.
- Degree-qualified journalist with an extensive journalism background and an understanding of the importance of compiling ratings winning bulletins.
- Sound working knowledge of daily process in a television newsroom.
- Experience developing a strong editorial strategy, and managing a culture whereby the drive to succeed and lead the market exists.
- Demonstrated superior communication and relationship building skills, as well as a thorough understanding of Media Law.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate in a team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships.
- Ability to contribute ideas and demonstration initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated positive work ethic and the ability and willingness to learn new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to take steps to solve a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must hold the right to work in Australia.
We are looking for passionate journalists who can lead and drive the team to achieve a quality news service to the community. You must be self-motivated, an effective communicator and capable of gaining the trust and support of the team in order to achieve results.
If you feel your aspirations, skills and experience is a match for this role, we can’t wait to hear from you. Interested parties are invited to APPLY NOW!
The WIN Network reserves the right to commence and/or conclude the recruitment process of this position, prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
All staff employed by the WIN Network must have the ability to legally work in Australia.
WIN Network is an equal opportunity employer
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now